Course Introduction Video
This course is essential for you if…
- You need to turn complex topics into clear messages
- You need to pitch your presentations at the right level for different audiences
- You sometimes find it hard to get the right balance between the detail and getting across a clear message
- You want to reduce the need for text heavy PowerPoint slides
- You struggle to find the time to prepare presentations and so want tools that will help you do it efficiently
- You rarely get useful feedback on your presentations but recognise that it’s key to growing your skills
- Format: One day in-person or multiple short Virtual Workshops
- Group Size: Min. of four 5 attendees
- Location: Your office or an offsite venue
Reflections from previous attendees
“After attending the course, I presented a project internally. I applied the learnings you gave me.
The good news is the project was approved subsequently. We are now a year in … we have signed new clients on board & I got promoted!”
“I feel more relaxed when presenting, knowing that I have thought through the structure and content in a way that I know creates better engagement with the audience. I have had some very positive feedback as a result.”
“I just wanted to feedback that attending your course has really improved the quality of the speeches I need to make as part of my job. Over the last year, I have spoken at 3 national conferences and received great feedback.”
Building the presentation capability of a data insights team
Learn powerful new tools and apply them immediately to develop a short presentation on a topic that matters to you and your work.
CRAFT YOUR MESSAGE
- How to distil your message down to a compelling sentence
- A powerful way to structure your presentation that stops messages getting lost in the detail
- Apply: Craft the structure of a presentation that matters to you and your work
GET TO YOUR MESSAGE
- To start in a way that grabs your audiences’ attention, put the focus on your audience.
- 3 strategies to manage public speaking nerves
- Apply: Develop the critical opening 45 seconds of your presentation
BRING YOUR MESSAGE TO LIFE
- Why the data alone is not enough to bring success
- How to use stories and examples in a way that educates and inspires
- Apply: Recall stories or examples that could potentially be used in your presentation
DELIVER YOUR MESSAGE
- The golden rule for how much information to have on a slide
- How to use your voice in a way that makes your message stick
- Apply: Practice giving your presentation to discover what is working and how to make it even better
Got a question?
meet the course leader
The course is led by Cicero Award-winning Speechwriter and TEDx Speaker Coach, Craig Millar.
He’ll share with you the methods he finds most useful in his work with leaders from the world of sport, academia, and business to develop inspiring, TED Style talks.
Learn the tools that Craig finds most useful in his work as a Professional Speechwriter and TEDx Speaker Coach